Are you the one we’re looking for?
We’re currently recruiting for a Play Worker, qualified to NVQ Level 2 (level 3 is preferred) or equivalent in a childcare related subject, to join our ambush* of tigers each morning and afternoon: Monday to Friday during term time.
Hours of work: 18.75 hours per week during term time, for both our before and the after-school club session (07:30 to 09:00 and 15:15 to 17:30).
Rate of pay: £9.50 to £10.85 per hour depending on experience.
The main duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a childcare related subject.
- Experience of working with 3 to 11 year olds.
- Understanding the varied needs of children and their families.
- Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality play care.
- Understanding the issues of equal opportunities.
- Provide and facilitate safe and creative play.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Sound judgement and common sense.
- Sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children (Para 3.25 of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2021).
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a childcare related subject.
- Experience of working within a play-based setting.
- Experience of working with SEN children.
- Experience of administration.
- Competent in using IT to support play and club administration.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Appropriate child protection training.
- Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate (training available).
- Food Hygiene Certificate (training available).
- Working knowledge of the EYFS.
This post is covered by the Childcare Act 2006 and is subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure for a regulated activity and reference checks.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for this job via Indeed.co.uk or, by emailing a covering letter (outlining your experience and explaining why you feel you’re the right person for the role) along with a copy of your CV, to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is March 18th 2022.
* – an “Ambush” is the collective noun for a group of tigers!